Monday, November 21, 2005

Ode to Night

Opened my eyes to a stillness
Calm, peaceful and placid;
Till I could hear my eyes blink
Much like skis on a skid.

What noise within this quiet
That stirred a sleeping mortal?
What cares of disquiet?
What surreptitious, creeping shadow?

There I lay wondering, in the play
Of light and shadow on my bedroom wall.
God! There is much noise in silence
Much chaos in order to enthrall!

For amused I am as much as disturbed
Much overwhelmed by your quiet outburst.
The words spoken. Felt but unheard
Understood, known and bravo; well rendered!

Closed my eyes again in that stillness
Calm, peaceful and placid.
Again I felt the kiss of your rendition
Of the song of Night; magnificent and intrepid.

3 Comments:

Blogger Samik said...

Tu itna achha kaise likhta re ? :)

3:22 pm  
Blogger Keshab Koch said...

This is a happier poem. I was feeling very good, for no apparent reason. Had woken up in the middle of the night and it was simply beautiful. And it felt like Night was putting me back to sleep and so I rolled over and slept.

I am happy you liked it :-)

1:43 am  
Blogger pushpanjali said...

mynext time I'm robbed of sleep I'll remember this:)

2:35 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home